Demonstratives are used to specify the distance of something in space or time in relation to the speaker.The demonstratives are: this, that, these, those.This and these refer to objects near the speaker.
Demonstratives - Easy Learning Grammar
- This apple looks ripe.
- These apples come from Australia.
- I’ll call round this afternoon.
- The festival ends this Thursday.
- This summer is the warmest I can remember.
- I think that boy over there is lost.
- Can you see those people up on the hill?
- I can touch this picture, but I can’t reach that one.
- This book is mine, but that magazine isn’t.
- I’m peeling these potatoes for a shepherd’s pie.
- Those men are mending the roof.