Adjectives used in exclamations - Easy Learning Grammar Italian
- In Italian che…! is often used with a noun where we would say What a ...!
|Che peccato!||What a pity!|
|Che disordine!||What a mess!|
|Che bella giornata!||What a lovely day!|
|Che brutto tempo!||What awful weather!|
- che can also be used with an adjective when you’re commenting on somebody
|Che carino!||Isn’t he sweet!|
|Che brutti!||They’re horrible!|
- You can also use an Italian adjective by itself when you are commenting on someone’s behaviour.
- As in English, you can use an Italian adjective alone when you are commenting on something you see or taste.
TipRemember to make the adjective agree with the person or thing you’re commenting on.
- You can use quanto, quanta, quanti and quante when you are exclaiming
about a large amount or number.
|Quanto tempo sprecato!||What a waste of time!|
|Quanta gente!||What a lot of people!|
|Quanti soldi!||What a lot of money!|
|Quante storie!||What a fuss!|