Some verbs such as be, become, seem, do not have an object but a complement.The subject complement is a word or phrase that tells us more about the subject.
Complements - आसानी से व्याकरण सीखे
- Alan is a nice person.
- Rajiv is a psychiatric nurse.
- Alison seems very well balanced.
- Rosamund is herself again.
- That’s it!
- This is for you.
- Most adjectives can be used after a group of verbs that includes: appear, be, become, look, seem, smell, taste, etc. An adjective that is used in this position is called a predicative adjective and it is functioning as a complement.
- The tickets seemed expensive, but the show was excellent.
- These little cakes are delicious.
- Soon afterwards, Patrick became ill.
- Jackie appeared friendly enough when I first met her.
- Peter’s phone call made Maureen happy.
- She called me a fool.
- They appointed him Director.