The semicolon is used to mark a break between two main clauses when there is a balance or a contrast between the clauses.
The semicolon ( ; ) - आसानी से व्याकरण सीखे
- The engine roared into life. The propellers began to turn.
- The plane taxied down the runway ready for takeoff.
- The engine roared into life; the propellers began to turn; the plane taxied down the runway ready for takeoff.
- I’m not that interested in jazz; I prefer classical music.
- He knew everything about me; I had never even heard of him.
- The holiday was a disaster: the flight was four hours late; the hotel, which was described as ‘luxury’, was dirty; and it rained for the whole fortnight.